Our Transactional Insurance products can bridge the gap between negotiating parties with insurance for financial exposures associated with many business or legal contingencies that prevent the completion of a transaction for reasons that include:
● the parties to the transaction cannot agree on how financial responsibility for a contingency will be allocated
● differing perceptions exist as to the magnitude of the potential exposure associated with a contingency
● the potential quantum of the exposure(s) associated with a contingency is significant relative to the size of the transaction
● a party wishes to wind up its affairs or liquidate and as such cannot assume financial responsibility
Transactional Insurance products offered by Ambridge Europe include:
Insurance for loss incurred by the insured because a judgment, verdict, arbitration award or agency determination favorable to the insured has been
overturned on appeal.
Insurance for loss incurred by the insured due to recharacterization of a transaction resulting in the clawback of amounts paid or imputation of a third party’s liabilities to the insured.
Representations & Warranties Insurance
Insurance for loss incurred by the insured as the result of the breach or inaccuracy of representations and warranties made in a transaction agreement.
Tax Deed Replacement
Insurance for pre-closing tax liabilities of the target company not provided for in the target’s financial statements and not known to the buyer at the time
of the transaction closing.
Insurance for loss incurred by the insured as the result of one or more tax positions or tax treatments being challenged and disallowed by the relevant
Policy for Private Investment Funds
Insurance for loss caused by identified or unknown potential exposures, whether contractual or otherwise, that do not crystallize until after the date that the insured liquidates.
● Specific Contingency Insurance
Insurance for loss incurred by the insured due to the crystallization of an administrative, judicial, or legislative exposure or unintended interpretation of a contractual provision.